Unpack and review
The Rhino SLEE is delivered as a compressed zip file named RhinoSDK-2.4.zip for Linux/Solaris or Windows. To begin the Rhino installation:
- Unzip RhinoSDK-2.4.zip:
- With Linux/Solaris, use the unzip command:
$ unzip RhinoSDK-2.4.zip
This will create the distribution directory, RhinoSDK, in the current working directory (for example, /home/user/rhino/RhinoSDK).
- With Windows, unzip the zip file to C:\RhinoSDK or another suitable directory.
- Set the JAVA_HOME environment variable to the location of the Oracle JDK installation (see Install Java (SDK)).
- Read the release notes. Be sure to read any last-minute instructions included with your release of Rhino. The compressed zip file will include the following, which will uncompress to the RhinoSDK distribution directory:
- doc/CHANGELOG — summarizes what's changed between previous versions of Rhino and this one.