Editing global and project-specific configuration files
You can change global and project-specific VIA properties and settings through the following configuration files:
||Properties and settings|
||the configuration subfolder of the VIA installation directory
||global VIA configuration properties and settings, including:
- font and color settings for diagram elements
- pre-defined IN and SIP variable names (such as initial-dp.service-key or connect.calling-party-number), for variable selection boxes throughout the VIA GUI
- other settings (such as rmi timeout).
||the base folder of each VIA project in the workspace
||project-specific VIA configuration properties and settings, including:
- SIS connection properties — the hostname, port, and so on (configured when creating a project or when configuring project settings
- extension and service references — [service and extension references] of the project (which appear in the SISView).
|Example: adding a global variable|
To include a new variable to the variable-selection boxes throughout the VIA GUI, you would add its name to the semicolon-separated list of variable names of one or more of the following properties in via.properties:
|Example: adding a service reference to a project|
Normally, you would manipulate service and extension references through operations in the VIA GUI. Although it's discouraged, you could instead manually add a service reference to a local service for a project — by adding the reference string, in the following format, to the list of references in the property service-refs in the project's .scim file: