JSLEE Discussions
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Spring cannot load a config file from classpath
Forum Index » Rhino SIP Servlet
rmoreira

Hi,

I'm using SIP Servlet 1.0.0.2 and Rhino-SDK (version='2.3', release='1.9', build='201305011526', revision='65909') to deploy an application. The application is fully compatible with other Sip Servlet containers (OCCAS and Sailfin) and uses the Spring framework.

After some tweaks, I can now deploy the application in Rhino successfully. However, when I try to activate it, I got the following exception:

In this log we can see that org.springframework.core.io.ClassPathResource.getInputStream is throwing an exception because it can't open the class path resource "spring/core.xml" (path inside SAR: "WEB-INF/classes/spring/spring/core.xml").
After reading some chapters from Rhino documentation, I think that the class loader responsible for loading the SAR is com.opencloud.sipservlet.container.runtime.SarClassLoader.

I build a small test case to understand how SarClassLoader works regarding resource loading and if it is capable of retreiving "spring/core.xml" successfully:

Here are my findings:
  • I can only load the desired SAR resource calling SarClassLoader.getSarResourceAsStream with the full path begining by a slash ("/WEB-INF/classes/spring/core.xml");
  • It's not possible to load the resource using ClassLoader.getResourceAsStream method;
  • org.springframework.core.io.ClassPathResource.getInputStream is using ClassLoader.getResourceAsStream method to get the resource. This method returns a null reference which causes the exception.

• Is there a workaround for this problem? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Ricardo
    rbrunton

Hi Ricardo,

We've provided a new release of SIP Servlet (1.0.0.4) on the Dev Portal that should resolve this issue.

https://developer.opencloud.com/devportal/display/DWNLD/Rhino+SIP+Servlet+download+page

Let us know if there are any further issues.

Cheers, Richard Brunton.
    rmoreira

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the answer.
    I've tried release 1.0.0.4 and refactored my tests. This release has resolved the SarClassLoader issue because I can now run the following test successfully:

Nevertheless, when I try to activate my deploy, I still got the same error:

I still can't understand this result because I was expecting that Spring was using SarClassLoader as ClassLoader.

Do you have any kind of suggestion to helping me fixing this issue?

Meanwhile, I will debug Spring framework code to find if they're really using SarClassLoader to load classpath resources.

Cheers,
    Ricardo Moreira
    ben

Hi Ricardo, I'm not very familiar with Spring but I think you'll need to specify the SarClassLoader explicity when you setup your application context. There was a similar issue reported here (https://developer.opencloud.com/forum/posts/list/1182.page), where they used Spring's ClassPathXmlApplicationContext with the SarClassLoader, and got it working.

Cheers
    Ben

Ben Evans, Software Engineer, OpenCloud
    [WWW]

Forum Index » Rhino SIP Servlet
    Go to: