JSLEE Discussions
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
unexpectedComponentSequence error from SIS while sending ACH after receiving ACR with ECS1p
Forum Index » Rhino SLEE Discussions
heshamhabib

Hi,

I'm using Ericson CS1+ APIs to send ApplyCHarging (ACH) operation to MSC after call is connected and service received first Apply Charging Report (ACR) as depicted below:

However, the SIS refuse this operation with reason call segment 1 is not suspended and send unexpectedComponentSequence to the service
SIS log:

We know that Ericson CS1+ specs determines that ACH must be sent while The CP view FSM is in the state "WaitForInstructions" or "UserInteractionWFI"., However Actual implementation of Ericson MSC can accept it in any other state rather than "WaitForInstructions" or "UserInteractionWFI".

How to configure SIS to let this operation pass through to the MSC?

Best Regards,

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 24/08/2016 19:47:16

Hesham Habib
Lead VAS Engineer
[Email]
stevena

Hi,

You can use the "ECS1:allow-camel-style-apply-charging" extension option either in the service's <invoke> element in the composition, or as an extension option in the composition itself to apply it to all services in the composition.

Regards,
Steve

Steven Adams
Senior Software Engineer
OpenCloud
heshamhabib

Thanks alot Steven! it works after using ECS1:allow-camel-style-apply-charging extension

Best Regards,

Hesham Habib
Lead VAS Engineer
[Email]
chihab

Hello,

I am a beginner and I have this problem too.
I tried this modification but it didn't work.
Do you have a solution about that?

Thank you
cap-ycherif

Hello,

I'm having the exact same issue even after applying the extension ECS1:allow-camel-style-apply-charging to the composition. SIS blocks the ACH and displays an error : call segment 1 is not suspended
Please note that I use Ericsson INAP CS1 not EINAP CS1+

Composition:

SIS logs :
* composition invocation

* ACH Blocked:

As for the scenario that i'm executing, it's the same as described in OP.

Is there any an idea how to make SIS send the ACH to MSC ?

Thanks in advance
kind regards
stevena

This doesn't look right:

Steven Adams
Senior Software Engineer
OpenCloud
cap-ycherif

Sorry for the typo.
But this is not working even with correct extension name:

script evaluation:
stevena

Can you attach a debug log showing the entire call processing in the SIS? ie. set the root tracer in the sis_in resource adaptor entity to debug level and make the call.

Steven Adams
Senior Software Engineer
OpenCloud
cap-ycherif

Hello,

Thank you for your time.

Please find attached the log of the call (please note that the MSC is simulated using scenario simulator).
 Filename ach_blocked_sis.log [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 310 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  1 time(s)

stevena

Unfortunately I can't see anything unusual in the log and my own tests under what I presume to be similar conditions works as expected.

What version of the SIS are you using?

Steven Adams
Senior Software Engineer
OpenCloud
cap-ycherif

SIS 2.5.1.13

Is there a console command or documentation that shows supported extensions of a SIS version ? Because i'm thinking maybe our SIS version doesn't recongize/support ECS1:allow-camel-style-apply-charging extension.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 18/02/2017 04:23:53

stevena

Ok yes, your SIS version is too old. The ECS1:allow-camel-style-apply-charging extension option was added in SIS 2.5.2.

The extension options supported by a given SIS version are listed in the formal documentation, for example on this page and this page (though the ECS1 extension option is oddly missing from that second page - it should be listed there too). Unfortunately only the latest versions of the docs are posted on the devportal for each major release, so the current SIS 2.5 docs are for 2.5.4.

It would actually be a good idea to have something like a console command that listed the available extension options. I'll make a note of that for a potential future enhancement.

Regards,
Steve

Steven Adams
Senior Software Engineer
OpenCloud
arie amir

Eventually we found why is it that we get the unexpectedComponentSequence error on the 2nd ACH.
This is quite sensitive on Ericsson MSCs.
the fault is external to the MSC and solution should be on the SCP side, basically the following was found;
The 2nd ACH response relates mandatorily on the way we armed the triggers in the RRBE Invoke.
- The following events are monitored in RRB operation:
In Leg 2: O-NoAnswer, O-Disconnect, O-CallPartyBusy, O-Answer, O-RouteSelectFailure .
In Leg 1: O-Disconnect, O-Abandon
- All the events are monitored in Notify & Continue mode.
And as per Design, according to 3GPP specification 09.78 v7.1.0 the behavior of SSFAM is correct during that scenario.
Operation ACH requires, that between SCF and SSF a control relationship exists, this means that at least
one EDP must be armed in =="Interrupt"== mode when ACH is being sent.
In this case all EDPs are armed in NotifyAndContinue mode so after CUE is executed relation between SSF
and SCF is changed to Monitor.
In order to have it worked we armed the oDisconnect events on both legs as "interrupted" mode by the SCP.
Sicerely
Arie Amir

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/06/2018 02:05:15

cap-ycherif

Hi amir,

Thanks for this feedback.
This thread however is for another issue where 2nd ACH was blocked by SIS. The error unexpectedComponentSequence was sent by the virtual-ssf of SIS-IN to the service not by MSC.
At the time of writing this thread we had an older version of SIS that didn't support sending ACH operation in Camel style.
This is fixed in later versions of SIS.

Regards

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/06/2018 01:34:34

Forum Index » Rhino SLEE Discussions
Go to: