JSLEE Discussions
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Scenario Simulator (IN-Examples): How to simulate the sample scenarios between 2 linux machines
Forum Index » Rhino SLEE Discussions
mick.accet

Hi,

I am trying to run the sample IN scenario (2 sims) provided with scenario simulator. It works fine in a single linux server with both endpoints in the same server . But now I am trying to test it from 2 different servers, by changing the remote-endpoint for sim1 and sim2. But the remote endpoints are not getting binded. Can someone please guide me on what could be the issue here.

I am attaching the logs and properties for reference.

Filename Issues.zip [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 9 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  5 time(s)

chrisa

Hi,

The most likely problem is that you need to change tcapsim.listen-addresses as well as tcapsim.remote-addresses. I would expect your current configuration to bind to the localhost loopback address, which won't be accessible for other hosts. For a simple 2 simulator case like this you just need to have tcapsim.listen-addresses on one match the tcapsim.remote-addresses on the other, and vice versa.

Yours faithfully,
Chris Allen

Chris Allen
Software Tester
Metaswitch
mick.accet

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response.

I have already done the below changes when I tried the scenario:

cgin-tcapsim-endpoint1.properties: (On Server 192.168.3.60)

tcapsim.listen-addresses = localhost:10101

# The addresses to make outgoing connections to.
tcapsim.remote-addresses = 192.168.3.47:10102

cgin-tcapsim-endpoint2.properties: (on Server 192.168.3.47)

tcapsim.listen-addresses = localhost:10102

# The addresses to make outgoing connections to.
tcapsim.remote-addresses = 192.168.3.60:10101

But still it is failing. Is there something wrong in the setting.

Thanks for your help.
Michael
mick.accet

Hi Chris,

After changing the loopback address with the IP address , now the connection is established.

Thank you for the suggestion.

I need one more clarification, can we use the scenario simulator to test with real Nodes . For example can I execute the INAP scenario with the simulator sending messages to real SCP.

Thanks,
Michael
chrisa

Hi Michael,

The Scenario Simulator is primarily intended to be used for testing software or services developed on top of Open Cloud's Rhino TAS and other products -- for example, testing an SCP built on top of Rhino. The Scenario Simulator's tcapsim IN support is a convenient way to test these things in development, as it offers simple configuration and minimal resource requirements, but there is certainly also support in the Scenario Simulator for testing production configurations. This is the sort of use case we typically provide support for; we don't typically provide support for testing other network components with the Scenario Simulator.

Yours sincerely,
Chris Allen

Chris Allen
Software Tester
Metaswitch
mick.accet

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the clarification. I am yet to get the details on the production setup, but in the meantime, being able to check the scenarios locally is very helpful.

Thanks again for your support.
Michael

Forum Index » Rhino SLEE Discussions
Go to: