JSLEE Discussions
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Fire and forget
Forum Index » JAIN SLEE Discussions
andrerg

I've searched through the forum but cannot find a thread relating to my question.

I have a SBB which receives a call. While it is processing the call logic I want the SBB to fire an event (let's say an HTTP request), and then immediately continue executing the service logic. It doesn't matter what the response is to the fired events request as it's a best effort type message, so the logic doesn't need to pick up on any response. Could anyone suggest a way I could fire (and forget) an event during the execution of a SBB?

Any help, tips, nudges in the right direction would be appreciated!
stevena

Any fire event method in an SBB will do what you want.

Fire event methods are inherently asynchronous - the event is only actually fired if and when the SBB event handler transaction commits - and the SBB will only receive any response, if there is one, sometime later if the SBB has an event handler for the response event and the SBB is attached to the activity context of the activity that the response event is fired on, or has flagged the response event as an initial event. If the SBB doesn't fulfil these conditions it won't see the response, so in your case you just have to make sure that these conditions are not fulfilled.

Steven Adams
Senior Software Engineer
OpenCloud
andrerg

Thanks Steven. I'll give it go and will let you know if I encounter any problems.
jorsa99

[Avatar]

Thanks!
[WWW]

Forum Index » JAIN SLEE Discussions
Go to: