JSLEE Discussions
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Creating a DU for the DB Query RA
Forum Index » Rhino SLEE Discussions
inovar_test

I'm new to Rhino (and SLEE in general) development and, and a part of our attempts to evaluating the former I need to create a DU for the DB Query RA. I've downloaded v1.4.0.5 of the RA package, but the "instructions" for building it that are supplied with it and the Rhino documentation pages are not terribly helpful. I've seen an answer in another thread here that recommends reading the "dbquery-ra-du.jar.README" file for instructions, but the sum total of the contents of that file are:

Question:

Why is there no deployable unit for the DB Query RA?

Answer:

JDBC drivers are deployed as a library component. The resource adaptor declares a dependency on the library
in its resource-adaptor-jar.xml.

Since the DB Query RA can support any JDBC driver which has a library built for it, the <library-ref> declaration
in resource-adaptor-jar.xml is not known in advance, so cannot be specified when this package is built.

The user of this package must configure then run the provided Ant scripts, which will:
1. generate a resource-adaptor-jar.xml that contains the <library-ref> declaration(s) for their JDBC drivers
2. inject that descriptor into the provided db-query-ra.jar and
3. assemble a deployable unit jar that contains the RA jar

Again, not what I'd call "instructions". The latest version documented here on the MetaSwitch site is 1.4.0, but the https://docs.opencloud.com/ocdoc/books/dbquery-ra/1.4.0/db-query-resource-adaptor-guide/index.html doesn't contain anything that's useful in guiding a new developer through the process either. Google searches have not been productive toward this end.

So, can anyone point me to a resource that actually describes the steps one needs to go through in order to create the DU Db Query RA?
rbrunton

Hi,

Update the build.properties file to point to the selected client driver you want to use e.g.

mysql.jdbc.dir=../mysql-connector-java-5.1.44
mysql.jdbc.jar.name=mysql-connector-java-5.1.44-bin.jar
mysql.jdbc.version=5.1.44

Then run 'ant' and the selected target e.g.

>ant mysql

Forum Index » Rhino SLEE Discussions
Go to: