JSLEE Discussions
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
What is the Rate Limiter unit value for SMPP RA
Forum Index » Rhino SLEE Discussions
msaad

Hi All,

Referring to the Rate Limiter article https://developer.opencloud.com/devportal/display/RD/1+About+Rate+Limiting it is mentioned that:
The RA or SBB determines the number of units used for a particular piece of work. Some might be configurable through configuration properties or deployment descriptors. This information should be documented for each individual RA or SBB.

I am trying to set a rate limiter to a SMPP RA entity, but I didn't find any mention for the Rate Limiter Unit in the SMPP RA documentation.

So, My question would be, how many Units required for submitting a single SMS? and how many Units required for handling a Deliver_SM event?
Let's say I want my SMPP RA entity to be limited only to submit 100 SMSs and receives another 100 Delivery per second, I tried to set the limiter rate to 200 however it did reject work before reaching this rate, which indicates that the single event/activity requires more than one Unit to process.

Can any one help me in determining how to set the Rate Limiter maximum rate in my case (Submitting 100 SMS/sec and receiving another 100 Deliver_SM/sec)?

Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 25/01/2018 11:26:13

Mohamed Saad
VAS solution developer
Edafa Telecom Solutions
[Email]
msaad

For those who are interested, I have tried to submit a single SMS and monitored the rhino-stats for the rate limiter and found that the SMPP RA consumes 3 Units in submitting SMS and another 3 Units and handling Delivery Report.

For me, creating a rate limiter for the specific SMPP RA entity and setting its limit to 600 seems to work fine for submitting 100 SMS/sec and handling another 100 Deliver_SM/sec.

Mohamed Saad
VAS solution developer
Edafa Telecom Solutions
[Email]

Forum Index » Rhino SLEE Discussions
Go to: