JSLEE Discussions
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Setting arrays profile attribute including comma separator
Forum Index » JAIN SLEE Discussions
mf.kasim

Dears,
I want to use rhino-console to setprofileattributes. Due to application needs, we have an attribute with string array type. We need to include comma (which is normally the item separator for each array element) inside each element. The problem is that rc is considering each element as a pair of two elements because of the embedded comma.

for example of what I want to do:

We actually want to consider 1,ABC as single array element and 2,XYZ as another single array element (not to consider them as four array elements).

I know it is possible to do so using rem profile export in the xml format but we need to use the rc output format.

Used Rhino version is 2.3.

Thanks.
stevena

rhino-console is fairly simplistic in the types of strings that it will parse and unfortunately in this case it can't do what you are needing.

You could still do it using rhino-console using the xml profile export/import format (using rhino-console's importprofiles command), just not using setprofileattributes.

Steven Adams
Senior Software Engineer
OpenCloud
mf.kasim

Hello Stevena,
Thank you for your feedback.

import/export XML for profiles may be helpful but it seems that there is no direct way to export profiles (like rc importprofiles rhino-console option). Do you know of a command to export single profile?
stevena

There are no tools included with rhino that will export a single profile. If you're up for it you could write a simple management client though that does do this by using ProfileProvisioningMBean.exportProfiles - this is the API that the exporter tool uses to export profiles.

(Yes that's a link to the Rhino 2.6.0 API javadoc. I couldn't find a link to the Rhino 2.3.0 API but AFAICT that API hasn't changed since 2.3.0 so should still work there.)

Steven Adams
Senior Software Engineer
OpenCloud
marcosherrero

[Avatar]

Is it possible to use this in development platforms like Unity 3D? Someone knows something about it? Thanks in advance.

See you on PlayStore Games
[WWW]

Forum Index » JAIN SLEE Discussions
Go to: