JSLEE Discussions
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Profile usage parameters
Forum Index » JAIN SLEE Discussions
cts-kgasiorowski

Hello,
I'm trying to work with usage parameters for profile.
I created the abstract class with the

inside. The abstract class implements the SLEE Profile as well as my profile CMP interface.
In my profile deployment descriptor I have both <profile-usage-parameters-interface-name> and <profile-abstract-class-name> defined, the profile deploys successfully.
I can also see the available profile parameters in REM, when choosing my profile in 'Usage'.
However, I cannot get reference to the abstract class to call getDefaultUsageParameterSet() and then to manipulate parameters with incrementXyz methods.
I tried to do this with casting object returned by profileTable.find(...) to my abstract class, but this gives me an ClassCastException telling, that the ProfileLocalObjectImpl cannot be casted to my profile abstract class.
I also tried with adding Profile local interface but it didn't change anything.
In SLEE spec 1.1, chapter 10.12 it is written, that the profile class implemented by SLEE extends the profile abstract class if such is provided. How then I should do this?
Is it not possible to get the profile usage parameters from SBB level?
Unfortunately, I cannot find any example of using profile usage parameters.
stevena

Hi,

You need to define management operations in the Profile Management Interface or business operations in the Profile Local Interface. You implement these in the Profile Abstract Class, and the implementation code can get the usage parameter set and update the counters, etc.

It's possible you could expose the usage parameters getter method in the Profile Local Interface, or some other delegatory method, if you wanted to expose the profile's usage states to an SBB.

Steven Adams
Senior Software Engineer
OpenCloud

Forum Index » JAIN SLEE Discussions
Go to: