JSLEE Discussions
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
SMSC : MAP_MO_FORWARD_SHORT_MESSAGE_ACK
Forum Index » Rhino SLEE Discussions
seb

Hi,

I'm currently developing a Sbb to simulate a SMSC.

MSC sends to my SMSC the event : MAP_MO_FORWARD_SHORT_MESSAGE
My SBB catch this event with this method :

MAP's specs say that the SMSC is supposed to answer an ACK to the MSC. The only message I found looking like a ACK is MO_FORWARD_RES.

I'm trying to answer with this code.

But, this doesn't work, and the MSC send me MAP_MO_FORWARD_SHORT_MESSAGE in a loop.

How can i send the MAP_MO_FORWARD_SHORT_MESSAGE_ACK to the MSC (to avoid the loop) ?

Thanks.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 13/04/2010 20:21:22

oliver

You have the right message there, something else must be going wrong.
Perhaps you forgot to send a Close after the response, so no network message is sent?

(Edit: Oops, I see you have a Delimiter there. That should be a Close, if I remember the MAP spec correctly. Perhaps that's why the MSC doesn't like it - it will be getting a TC-CONTINUE when it expects a TC-END)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/04/2010 15:25:26

[Email]
seb

Thanks for your response.

I try to send a Close after the response, but I have the same problem.
I don't know if I have to set the Sm_RP_UI ? and how to do it ?

oliver

If you want to include a SM-RP-UI, there are datatypes in the com.opencloud.resources.in.datatypes.sms that model these PDUs.
In this particular case I think it's a SMS-SUBMIT-REPORT positive acknowledgement PDU that you want to generate (modeled as SMSSubmitReportAck in our API)

At this point you probably want to look at the network traffic you are generating vs. what you are expecting, and if there are no obvious differences then talk to the MSC operator for diagnostics on that side.
[Email]
seb

There are some differences in my Network Traffic. You can find here my Wireshark's capture.

In MAP_MO_FORWARD_SHORT_MESSAGE, calling (MSC) and called (SMSC) have the same structure of GT.
..01 00.. = Global Title Indicator: Translation Type, Numbering Plan, Encoding Scheme, and Nature of Address Indicator included (0x04)

But for ACK, SMSC's GT doesn't have the Nature of Address. So perhaps MSC can't understand the message...
Called (MSC)
..01 00.. = Global Title Indicator: Translation Type, Numbering Plan, Encoding Scheme, and Nature of Address Indicator included (0x04)
Calling (SMSC)
..00 11.. = Global Title Indicator: Translation Type, Numbering Plan, and Encoding Scheme included (0x03)

I didn't find how to set the nature of address when I send my MAP4MO_ForwardSM_Res. How can i do that ?

Thanks for your help.

Traces for MAP_MO_FORWARD_SHORT_MESSAGE :

Traces for MAP_MO_FORWARD_SHORT_MESSAGE_ACK :

oliver

What version of CGIN are you using? There is a bug in 1.1.3 and earlier that causes GTI=4 addresses to be incorrectly interpreted as GTI=3, which you may be encountering here.
That bug is fixed in 1.1.4 and 1.2.0. Can you upgrade and try again?
[Email]
seb

OK thanks, I'm using CGIN 1.1.3.

It's OK with version 1.1.4

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 15/04/2010 00:33:34

Forum Index » Rhino SLEE Discussions
Go to: