JSLEE Discussions
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
USSD DataCodingScheme + sendProcessUnstructuredSS_RequestResponse
Forum Index » Rhino SLEE Discussions
seb

Hi,

I'm developing a simple USSD sbb. First, my sbb catches a ProcessUnstructuredSSRequestRequest.
Then it replies with a sendProcessUnstructuredSS_RequestResponse to the MSC.

I well see the event in my wireshark traces, but on the phone, I get a "Request not completed" message.

If my sbb replies with a UnstructuredSS_Notify, I well have the message on the phone, but he's in a strange format (pb of DataCodingScheme?).

Here's the wireshark trace for UnstructuredSS_Notify.

Have you an idea ?

Thanks.
oliver

In general you have to encode your data appropriately for the data coding scheme in use. Just interpreting a string as bytes in your default locale isn't going to work.

You may find the helper classes in resources.in.datatypes.sms useful (GSM7BitAlphabet and GSM7BitPacking) if you are using a data coding scheme that uses the 7 bit alphabet.
USSD's encodings are very similar to those used in SMS with a few minor changes to the packing rules (special handling of trailing CR)

Something like this (completely untested!):

If your data won't encode in the 7 bit alphabet you may need to use a UCS-2 data coding scheme.
[Email]
oliver

Also, did you really mean to pass a hardcoded invoke ID of 0 when sending the response?
[Email]
seb

Thanks a lot Oliver ! It's OK for the DataCodingScheme.

I still have the problem ("Request not completed") for the ProcessUnstructuredSS_RequestResponse, although I corrected the invokeID.

With the notify, the phone have the good message, but I have an error in logs :

If I send the two events, it seems to work... It's strange. Have you an idea about that ?

oliver

With the notify, the phone have the good message, but I have an error in logs :

This looks like it might be an error in our definition of the operation. (Our definition says there's no positive acknowledgement to the notify operation, but the peer is returning a result).
I'll take a closer look at that next week.

Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with how USSD is meant to operate at a higher level, so I can't really help you with the other problems.
[Email]
oliver

I've confirmed that the provider error is due to a mistake in our ASN.1 definition.
I've fixed it for next time; in the meantime you can safely ignore that particular provider error.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22/06/2010 12:43:22

[Email]
edheene

Maybe you can help me
I can't find way to decode ussd string I receive, it obviously looks different than the code I have sent from simulator
Maybe I don't know where to look and what for
could anyone help me or at least direct me to proper document?
oliver

3GPP TS 23.038 is probably the spec you need (http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/html-info/23038.htm)

There are helper methods in com.opencloud.slee.resources.in.datatypes.sms.GSM7BitAlphabet and GSM7BitPacking that can be used to encode or decode 7-bit packed strings, see earlier posts for details.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 28/08/2010 00:24:59

[Email]
seb

Hi,

with CGIN 1.3.0, sendUnstructuredSS_notify works well.

But, sendProcessUnstructuredSS_RequestResponse doesn't seem to work. Here is my test case :
- A ProcessUnstructuredSS_Request is send to my Ussd Sbb.
- There is a interaction message with the cell phone (sendUnstructuredSS_Request).
- I well receive the response of the cell phone, then I try to send a sendProcessUnstructuredSS_RequestResponse to close the USSD session... But I still have the problem ("Request not completed") on the phone.

(If I make a UnstructuredSS_notify instead of ProcessUnstructuredSS_RequestResponse to close the interaction session, it's ok)
oliver

Sorry, still can't help you there, you will need to find someone who knows how USSD interaction is meant to work in detail.
If you can see that CGIN is incorrectly formatting or rejecting a message or similar, I can look at that, but I'll need to know what the correct message looks like..
[Email]

Forum Index » Rhino SLEE Discussions
Go to: